Winchester HGS Family History Group meet monthly for talks and visits to inspire and help you with your research
Welcome to the Winchester Group page. After many years absence, and due to popular demand, we are delighted to be able to reform this group.
A varied programme has been produced with talks on family history related subjects and members’ evenings arranged around a particular topic.
This friendly and welcoming group meets at 7:30pm, on the third Thursday of the month at the Littleton Millennium Memorial Hall.
Why Join Us?
You do not need Hampshire ancestors to attend our meetings, just an interest in family history. Joining a local group provides opportunities to meet other people who have the same enthusiasm for family history and to share skills and expertise. It’s also a chance to help others to break down ‘brick walls’ in their research and to have some help with your own. The talks, workshops, and social events also provide a great opportunity to extend knowledge and have fun!
We are always pleased to welcome visitors and new members.
HGS Winchester Group Events & Meetings
*** We are currently holding virtual meetings using Zoom. If you are interested in attending a talk, please contact us using the below form no later than 24 hours prior to the talk to be added to the invitation list. Remember to include your membership number or indicate if you are a guest.
- June 17, 2021, 7:15 pm: Strangers and Aliens - Cheryl Butler - via Zoom
- July 15, 2021, 7:15 pm: Old Maps - Tony Painter - In-Person
- August 19, 2021, 7:15 pm: Members' Meeting - Topic to be advised - In-Person
- September 16, 2021, 7:15 pm: HGS Website - Elaine Boyes & Gwen Newland - In-Person
- October 21, 2021, 7:15 pm: DNA in Family History - Graham & Rosemary Mist - In-Person
- November 18, 2021, 7:15 pm: Getting the best from the National Archives and its Website - Simon Fowler - via Zoom
- December 16, 2021, 7:15 pm: Christmas Social - In-Person
The Group organiser is Tony Sinclair. He can be contacted using the form on this page.
Find Us Here:
Littleton Millennium Memorial Hall
The Hall Way
Doors open at 7:15pm for 7.30pm on the 3rd Thursday of the month