Fair Oak HGS Family History Group meet monthly for talks and visits to inspire and help you with your research
Welcome to the Fair Oak Group page. This friendly and welcoming group meets on the second Tuesday of each month in St Thomas’ Church Extension (attached to the Church), Mortimers Lane, Fair Oak. Doors open at 7:30 pm and the meeting begins at 8:00 pm. Fair Oak lies between Eastleigh and Bishop’s Waltham, in a semi-rural area. Our members come from the surrounding villages and we are always very pleased to welcome visitors and new members.
Joining your local group provides an opportunity to meet other people who share the same enthusiasm for family history, and to share skills and expertise. It’s also an opportunity for you to help others break down ‘brick walls’ in their research and have some help with your own. The talks, workshops, and social events also provide a great opportunity to extend your knowledge and have fun!
We will be writing articles about topics that are of particular interest to the Fair Oak Group and hope you will find them interesting as well. If you have an article that you would like included, we would be delighted to receive it.
HGS Fair Oak Group Events & Meetings
Our meetings are now in-person unless indicated. If you are interested in attending a Zoom talk, please contact us using the below form no later than 24 hours prior to the talk to be added to the invitation list. Remember to include your membership number or indicate if you are a guest.
- February 8, 2022, 7:30 pm: Demystifying DNA - Neil Littleales - via Zoom
- March 8, 2022, 8:00 pm: Members’ Evening & HGS Bookstall
- April 12, 2022, 8:00 pm: Southampton City Buses in the Post-War Period - David Hutchings
- May 10, 2022, 8:00 pm: The Lady in the Yellow Caravan - Jane Glennie
- June 14, 2022, 8:00 pm: Who Were the Swing Rioters? - Elaine Boyes
- July 12, 2022, 8:00 pm: A History of Hampshire – Continued - Tony Cross
- August 9, 2022, N/A: Summer Outing - Guided Walk of North Stoneham - Eric Reed
- September 13, 2022, 8:00 pm: Members’ Evening
- October 11, 2022, 8:00 pm: Vagrants, Paupers … and the Welfare State - Jan Smith
- November 8, 2022, 8:00 pm: The Royal Hampshire Regiment 1702-1992 - Ian Taylor
- December 13, 2022, 8:00 pm: Christmas Social
The group organiser is Keith Turner. He can be contacted using the form on this page.
Find us here
St Thomas Church Hall
Hants SO50 7BG