Fair Oak HGS Family History Group meet monthly for talks and visits to inspire and help you with your research
Welcome to the Fair Oak Group page. This friendly and welcoming group meets on the second Tuesday of each month in St Thomas’ Church Extension (attached to the Church), Mortimers Lane, Fair Oak. Doors open at 7:30 pm and the meeting begins at 8:00 pm. Fair Oak lies between Eastleigh and Bishop’s Waltham, in a semi-rural area. Our members come from the surrounding villages and we are always very pleased to welcome visitors and new members.
Joining your local group provides an opportunity to meet other people who share the same enthusiasm for family history, and to share skills and expertise. It’s also an opportunity for you to help others break down ‘brick walls’ in their research and have some help with your own. The talks, workshops, and social events also provide a great opportunity to extend your knowledge and have fun!
We will be writing articles about topics that are of particular interest to the Fair Oak Group and hope you will find them interesting as well. If you have an article that you would like included, we would be delighted to receive it.
HGS Fair Oak Group Events & Meetings
*** We are currently holding virtual meetings using Zoom. If you are interested in attending a talk, please contact us using the below form no later than 24 hours prior to the talk to be added to the invitation list. Remember to include your membership number or indicate if you are a guest.
- March 9, 2021, 7:30 pm: Sons of the Soil (ag labs) – Janet Few - via Zoom
Janet is an historical interpreter, writer, speaker and researcher.
- April 13, 2021, 7:30 pm: 20103 - Finding My Foundling - Paul Richardson - via Zoom
- May 11, 2021, 7:30 pm: Who the Hell is Arthur? - Neil Littleales - via Zoom
- June 8, 2021, 7:30 pm: Members’ Evening – To be Arranged
- July 13, 2021, 7:30 pm: World War II: Its Effects on a Small Community in Hampshire - Tony Cross - via Zoom
- August 10, 2021, N/A: Summer Outing: Guided Walk of Old Bursledon - Eric Reed
- September 14, 2021, 7:30 pm: The Lady in the Yellow Caravan - Jane Glennie
- October 12, 2021, 7:30 pm: Members’ Evening – To be Arranged
- November 9, 2021, 7:30 pm: Wills Pre-1858’ - Les Mitchinson
- December 14, 2021, 7:30 pm: Christmas Social
The group organiser is Keith Turner. He can be contacted using the form on this page.
Find us here
St Thomas Church Hall
Hants SO50 7BG