Fair Oak HGS Family History Group meet monthly for Talks and Visits to Inspire and Help you with your Research
Welcome to the Fair Oak Group page. This friendly and welcoming group meets on the second Tuesday of each month in St Thomas’ Church Extension (attached to the Church), Mortimers Lane, Fair Oak. Doors open at 7:30 pm and the meeting begins at 8:00 pm. Fair Oak lies between Eastleigh and Bishop’s Waltham, in a semi-rural area. Our members come from the surrounding villages and we are always very pleased to welcome visitors and new members.
Joining your local group provides an opportunity to meet other people who share the same enthusiasm for family history, and to share skills and expertise. It’s also an opportunity for you to help others break down ‘brick walls’ in their research and have some help with your own. The talks, workshops, and social events also provide a great opportunity to extend your knowledge and have fun!
We will be writing articles about topics that are of particular interest to the Fair Oak Group and hope you will find them interesting as well. If you have an article that you would like included, we would be delighted to receive it.
HGS Fair Oak Group Events & Meetings
- December 10, 2019, 7:30 pm: Christmas Social
- January 14, 2020, 7:30 pm: Southampton Links to the Battle of Omdurman - David Marriott
- February 11, 2020, 7:30 pm: Searching for Ancestors When You’re Adopted - Penny Walters
- March 10, 2020, 7:30 pm: Members’ Evening - to include demo of new website/social media - Elaine Boyes/Gwen Newland
- April 14, 2020, 7:30 pm: Who the Hell is Arthur? - Neil Littleales
- May 12, 2020, 7:30 pm: Southampton City Buses in the Post-War Period - David Hutchings
- June 9, 2020, 7:30 pm: Wills Pre-1858 - Les Mitchinson
- July 14, 2020, 7:30 pm: World War II – Its Effects on a Small Community in Hampshire - Tony Cross
- August 11, 2020, 7:00 pm: Summer Outing: Guided Walk of Old Bursledon - Eric Reed
- September 8, 2020, 7:30 pm: Voyages from the Past: Passengers at Sea in Your Family Tree - Simon Wills
- October 13, 2020, 7:30 pm: Members’ Evening
- November 10, 2020, 7:30 pm: The Lady in the Yellow Caravan - Jane Glennie
- December 8, 2020, 7:30 pm: Christmas Social
The group organiser is Keith Turner. He can be contacted using the form on this page.
Find us here
St Thomas Church Hall
Hants SO50 7BG