Fareham HGS Family History Group meet monthly for Talks and Visits to Inspire and Help you with your Research
Why Join Fareham Group?
Joining your local group provides an opportunity to meet other people who have the same enthusiasm for family history and to share skills and expertise. It’s also an opportunity to help others to break down ‘brick walls’ in their research and have some help with your own. The talks, workshops, and social events also provide a great opportunity to extend knowledge and have fun!
The Group meetings are either a talk from a speaker on a family history related subject, or a Members’ Evening, usually arranged around members interests or a request for a particular topic. The meeting is preceded by tea/coffee and biscuits, which gives everyone the opportunity to socialise, meet, and chat with the speaker.
HGS Fareham Group Events & Meetings
- January 23, 2020, 7:15 pm: Basic Research Techniques - Jane Fox
Looking at basic research techniques, including citations vs sources.
- February 27, 2020, 7:15 pm: Members’ Evening – including HGS Bookstall and demo of new website/social media
- March 26, 2020, 7:15 pm: The History and Mystery of Maps - Tony Painter
- April 23, 2020, 7:15 pm: Members’ Evening – To be Arranged
- May 28, 2020, 7:15 pm: Winchester: Bishops, buildings and bones Part 3 - Andrew Negus
The third in a 4-part series of talks on Winchester covering the period 1600 -1850.
- June 25, 2020, N/A: Summer Outing
- July 23, 2020, 7:15 pm: Family Secrets and Lies – Carol Russell
- August 27, 2020, 7:15 pm: Members’ Evening - Ask the Experts
- September 24, 2020, 7:15 pm: TBA
- October 22, 2020, 7:15 pm: 'Roast Moose anyone?': How reliable are church registers? - Dennis Bill
- November 26, 2020, 7:15 pm: TBA - Neil Littleales followed by an American Buffet
The group organiser is Jane Painter. She can be contacted using the form on this page.
Find Us Here:
Wallington Village Hall
Hants PO16 8ST