Welcome to the HGS Fareham Evening Group!
We meet monthly for talks and visits to inspire and help you with your research
This friendly and welcoming group generally meets on the FOURTH Thursday of each month at Wallington Village Hall, Broadcut, Fareham. Doors open at 7:15 pm and the meeting begins at 7:30 pm. There is plenty of free parking in the large car park.
Fareham is a market town in the south east of Hampshire, between the cities of Southampton and Portsmouth. Members join us from Fareham and the surrounding area and we are always pleased to welcome visitors and new members.
Why Join Fareham Evening Group?
Joining your local group provides an opportunity to meet other people who have the same enthusiasm for family history and to share skills and expertise. It’s also an opportunity to help others to break down ‘brick walls’ in their research and have some help with your own. The talks, workshops, and social events also provide a great opportunity to extend knowledge and have fun!
The meetings are either a talk from a speaker on a family history related subject, or a Members’ Evening, usually arranged around members interests or a request for a particular topic. The meeting is preceded by tea/coffee and biscuits, which gives everyone the opportunity to socialise, meet, and chat with the speaker.
HGS Fareham Evening Group Events & Meetings
*** We are currently holding virtual meetings using Zoom. If you are interested in attending a talk, please contact us using the below form no later than 24 hours prior to the talk to be added to the invitation list. Remember to include your membership number or indicate if you are a guest.
- October 28, 2021, 7:15 pm: Members’ Evening: Strange, interesting or unusual finds from your research into births and deaths - via Zoom
- November 25, 2021, 7:15 pm: Sacrifice & Remembrance - Jeremy Prescott - via Zoom
- January 27, 2022, 7:15 pm: Ratcatchers - David Cuffley - via Zoom
- February 24, 2022, 7:15 pm: A Plague upon all your Houses - Janet Few - via Zoom
- March 24, 2022, 7:30 pm: The History and Mystery of Maps - Tony Painter - In Person
The group organiser is Jane Painter. She can be contacted using the form on this page.
Find Us Here:
Wallington Village Hall
Hants PO16 8ST