Benefits of Membership
Membership of HGS is open to anyone interested in Family History.
We will help you explore and research your family history, fleshing out the lives your ancestors, what they did and where they lived.
As a member you will enjoy the following benefits:
- A quarterly Journal, “The Hampshire Family Historian”, which is available either electronically via the website, where it can be read as a page turning document, or as a printed copy delivered by post.
- Access to the Members’ Area of the website where you will find data sets not available anywhere else on-line.
- The Members’ Area is where you will also be able to find and connect with other members researching the same names as you. The Surname Interests database can be searched for your own entries as well as those of other members.
- Free simple searches of information held at our Research Centre near Portsmouth.
- Access to Hampshire Family History Indexes by visiting our Research Centre where extensive Hampshire parish baptism, marriage and burial indexes, census records, monumental inscriptions and members’ surname interests are all available to view.
- Free attendance at Local Group Meetings which are held monthly offering well-informed visiting speakers, discussion evenings, social events, visits and outings. Members may choose to attend any meeting and do not need to subscribe to a particular Group. For further information on Groups see Groups page
Simply complete the form below to start enjoying all of these benefits:
Our subscription rate is £15 per year for single or joint membership, UK or Overseas. Membership is renewable annually on the anniversary of your date of joining. Joint membership covers up to two members living at the same address.
When you submit your application form you will be asked to select your preferred method of payment from the following options:
- On-line using PayPal or a credit/debit card. It is also possible to set up a recurring annual subscription to ensure continuing membership.
- By direct debit, if you hold a UK bank account, ensuring automatic renewal of your subscription. The form can be accessed here: https://www.hgs-familyhistory.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/DD-Form.pdf
- A sterling cheque, drawn on a UK bank.
- In cash, in person, at the HGS Office.
- Through Genfair (genfair.co.uk). This method will incur a £0.50 administration charge.