Ringwood HGS Family History Group meet monthly for talks and visits to inspire and help you with your research
Why Join Us?
Joining your local group provides an opportunity to meet other people who have the same enthusiasm for family history and to share skills and expertise. It’s also an opportunity to help others to break down ‘brick walls’ in their research and to have some help with your own. The talks, workshops, and social events also provide a great opportunity to extend knowledge and have fun!
The Group meetings are either a talk from a speaker on a family history related subject, or a Members’ Evening, usually arranged around members interests or a request for a particular topic. The meeting is followed by tea/coffee and biscuits, which gives everyone the opportunity to meet and chat with the speaker and each other.
If you have any articles that you would like included on our group page, please contact us, we would be delighted to receive them.
HGS Ringwood Group Events & Meetings
*** We are going virtual for some of our meetings. To attend these Zoom meetings, please contact the Group Organiser to be added to the invitation list.
- August 19, 2020, 7:30 pm: Members' Summer Social - Details to follow
- September 16, 2020, 7:30 pm: Dating Old Photographs - Jane Fox - via Zoom
- October 21, 2020, 7:30 pm: Members' Evening - The Meaning of your Surname?
- November 18, 2020, 7:30 pm: Families Divided by War - Paul Radford
- December 16, 2020, 7:30 pm: Christmas Festivities
The Group organiser is Alison Davis. She can be contacted using the form on this page.
Find Us Here:
Greyfriars Community Centre