Be part of Your Family History Community for just £15 a Year
Simply complete the form below to continue enjoying all of these benefits:
- Quarterly Journal – ‘The Hampshire Family Historian’ available from the website every quarter and access to back issues.
- Access to Hampshire Family History Indexes at HGS Research Centre – extensive Hampshire baptism, marriage, burial, census, monumental inscriptions, members interests and strays indexes.
- Local Group Monthly Meetings, with lively, well-informed, visiting speakers – members can choose to attend any meeting and do not need to belong to a particular group.
- Members Only Data, News and Articles
- Members Surname Interests – published in the next edition of the Journal when you join and retained on our database for future reference and matching.
- Members Handbook (PDF)
Faccombe village booklet now available
Faccombe village booklet now available Faccombe, (VB099) is located south of the Berkshire County border and a short distance north-west of the A343. This road runs south from Newbury to Andover, the latter being 9 miles away to the south-west.
Changes at the Ringwood Group
New Group Organiser at Ringwood After 15 years, Paul Pinhorne is stepping down from leading the Ringwood Group to concentrate on his recent appointment as Chairman of the Hampshire Genealogical Society.
Tragedy off Hurst Castle
Identical reports in the Hampshire Chronicle and Hampshire Telegraph, both published on 14th February 1820, describe a tragedy that happened off Hurst Castle on Friday 5th February.
Benefits of the Wills Beneficiary Index (WBI)
Benefits of the Wills Beneficiary Index (WBI) Wills can be a wonderful source of information for family historians. The WBI, centred on Hampshire, contains the names of people that have been extracted by volunteers from many of the wills that are held in the HRO.
Poor Law Union Gazette – 2
Another interesting entry appeared in the Poor Law Union Gazette on 25 April 1857 naming Lewis POSNER, formerly of Southampton, who the Southampton Union would like to get their hands on.