Fair Oak HGS Family History Group meet monthly for Talks and Visits to Inspire and Help you with your Research
Welcome to the Fair Oak Group page. This friendly and welcoming group meets on the second Tuesday of each month in St Thomas’ Church Extension (attached to the Church), Mortimers Lane, Fair Oak. Doors open at 7:30 pm and the meeting begins at 8:00 pm. Fair Oak lies between Eastleigh and Bishop’s Waltham, in a semi-rural area. Our members come from the surrounding villages and we are always very pleased to welcome visitors and new members.
Joining your local group provides an opportunity to meet other people who share the same enthusiasm for family history, and to share skills and expertise. It’s also an opportunity for you to help others break down ‘brick walls’ in their research and have some help with your own. The talks, workshops, and social events also provide a great opportunity to extend your knowledge and have fun!
We will be writing articles about topics that are of particular interest to the Fair Oak Group and hope you will find them interesting as well. If you have an article that you would like included, we would be delighted to receive it.
HGS Fair Oak Group Events & Meetings
- June 13, 2017, 7:30 pm: Restoring Old Photographs - David Tipper
- July 11, 2017, 7:30 pm: A History of Hampshire Through Ten Objects - Tony Cross
- August 8, 2017, 7:30 pm: Guided Walk of West End - Eric Reed
- September 12, 2017, 7:30 pm: Don’t Believe Everything You’re Told! - Jane Fox
- October 10, 2017, 7:30 pm: Members’ Evening
- November 14, 2017, 7:30 pm: 'Taking the Flounce' – Jane Austen & Southampton - Cheryl Butler
- December 12, 2017, 7:30 pm: Christmas Social
The group organiser is Keith Turner. He can be contacted using the form on this page.
Find us here
St Thomas Church Hall
Hants SO50 7BG