Whilst it is likely the majority of our customers will purchase our publications through the web-based system, we do recognise that others may prefer to order items from the HGS product range via post, and to pay for them by cheque.
We have therefore included the latest version of the HGS Publications List below, and as a downloadable .pdf file. Click here to download full Publications List
This document (and .pdf file) includes a blank order form which you can complete and submit to the HGS Office in Cosham.
A separate blank order form only is available through this link – HGS Blank Order Form
Poor Law Union Gazette – 2
Another interesting entry appeared in the Poor Law Union Gazette on 25 April 1857 naming Lewis POSNER, formerly of Southampton, who the Southampton Union would like to get their hands on.
East Tisted village booklet now available
East Tisted, (VB098) is located on the A32 that runs south from Alton which is 4 miles to the north. Rotherfield Park and its associated estate is in the western part of the parish and covers 432 acres which includes 14 acres of garden and 62 acres of ornamental woodland.
Winchester Independent Register – RG4-726
The registers for the Independent Chapel start in 1716 and many entries contain useful details. The spelling of the names written here are exactly as they were written into the register. Different ministers conducting the baptisms decided to record different items of information in addition to the dates and names.
Over Wallop village booklet now available
Over Wallop, once also known as Upper Wallop, (VB097) is located west of the A343 with the B3084 running through the Wallop valley from south-east to north-west. The Wallop Brook rises in the parish and flows south-east. The hamlet of Palestine is in the north
Stratfield Saye village booklet now available
Stratfield Saye village booklet Stratfield Saye (VB096) is located west of the A33 with the Berkshire county border along the Roman road to Silchester forming the parish boundary to the north. Originally the parish included Beech Hill in Berkshire until 1868 when that hamlet became a civil and ecclesiastical parish.