Costs/How to Pay
Our subscription rate is £15 per year for single or joint membership, UK or Overseas. Membership is renewable annually on the anniversary of your date of joining. Joint membership covers up to two members living at the same address.
When you submit your application form you will be asked to select your preferred method of payment and full details will then be be supplied.
In brief, payment can be made in one of the following ways:
- Online using PayPal, credit or debit card. Please note that whilst you may use any credit or debit card to pay your subscription with PayPal you will need to set up a PayPal Optional Account, the details of which can be found by clicking on the link at the bottom of the PayPal page. It is also possible to set up a recurring payment via PayPal to ensure continuing membership.
- By direct debit, if you hold a UK bank account, thus ensuring automatic renewal of your subscription. The form can be accessed via this link https://www.hgs-familyhistory.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/DD-Form.pdf
- A sterling cheque, drawn on a UK bank.
- In cash, in person, at the HGS Office.
- Through Genfair (www.genfair.co.uk). This method will incur a £0.50 administration charge.
Review of HGS Conference Day 2019
Review of HGS Conference Day 2019 Our third conference day was held on 15th June and was attended by 150 delegates. In the luxury of the Fair Oak Suite of the Macdonald Hotel and Spa, Botley, everyone took advantage of the opportunity to catch up with old friends and meet new ones.
HGS Conference Day – Rosalind McCutcheon – Fact Sheet
The factsheet from Ros McCutcheon’s excellent talk at our recent Conference Day can be accessed via the following Link: Irish-Poor-Handout-June-2019-Ros-McCutcheon (1)
Wield village booklet now available
Wield, (VB103) is a small parish consisting of two settlements, Upper and Lower Wield, with Upper Wield being the principle one including the parish church. Wield is 6 miles west of Alton and 6 miles north-north-east of Alresford.
New Item in the Members Area
We are delighted to announce that we have a new set of data in our members area. The Muster Roll of the 2nd Battalion Hampshire Regiment dated 1889, by kind permission of two of our members, Kay and Dave Lovell,
Wield MI Correction
As with all data that gets indexed or transcribed there is always the possibility that information can be misread due to bad handwriting or general aging. Whilst preparing information for the forthcoming village booklet on Wield I have found a prime example of this.