Costs/How to Pay
Our subscription rate is £15 per year for single or joint membership, UK or Overseas. Membership is renewable annually on the anniversary of your date of joining. Joint membership covers up to two members living at the same address.
When you submit your application form you will be asked to select your preferred method of payment and full details will then be be supplied.
In brief, payment can be made in one of the following ways:
- Online using PayPal, credit or debit card. Please note that whilst you may use any credit or debit card to pay your subscription with PayPal you will need to set up a PayPal Optional Account, the details of which can be found by clicking on the link at the bottom of the PayPal page. It is also possible to set up a recurring payment via PayPal to ensure continuing membership.
- By direct debit, if you hold a UK bank account, thus ensuring automatic renewal of your subscription. The form can be accessed via this link https://www.hgs-familyhistory.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/DD-Form.pdf
- A sterling cheque, drawn on a UK bank.
- In cash, in person, at the HGS Office.
- Through Genfair (www.genfair.co.uk). This method will incur a £0.50 administration charge.
RIP Private Herbert Frank French
Herbert Frank FRENCH was born on 21st April 1884 at 11 Hyde Close in Winchester, the illegitimate son of Emily. On 18th January 1908 he married Sarah Ann (Annie) BIGNELL in Meonstoke and then settled in the village to raise their daughters Emily and Ivy. Herbert was initially in the Territorial Army then when WWI […]
Can you help
We have recently been passed a copy of a photograph with a request for more information, maybe the location or the purpose. A comment with the photo says that the men were in training but didn’t say what for.
Bigamy in 1820
The Hampshire Chronicle printed on 5th June 1820 carried a brief article on page 4 referring to three prisoners who had been committed to the County Gaol. One of the prisoners had been accused of bigamy but whereas most bigamists were men this was a woman.
Kingston Cemetery CD
KINGSTON CEMETERY CD HGS are very pleased to announce that a new CD is now available to buy for Kingston Cemetery, Portsmouth. The CD costs £10.00 and is available from our Research Centre in Cosham. It can be purchased in person, by post, through the sales section of our website or through our Bookstall.
RIP Gunner William Talmage
RIP Gunner William Talmage William TALMAGE was born in 1884 in Ramsbury, Wiltshire, and married Ellen Maria KNIGHT in Medstead in 1910. They had a butcher’s business in West Horsley, Surrey, but when the First World War started William was one of the many who volunteered and joined the Army.