Costs/How to Pay
Our subscription rate is £15 per year for single or joint membership, UK or Overseas. Membership is renewable annually on the anniversary of your date of joining. Joint membership covers up to two members living at the same address.
When you submit your application form you will be asked to select your preferred method of payment and full details will then be be supplied.
In brief, payment can be made in one of the following ways:
- Online using PayPal, credit or debit card. Please note that whilst you may use any credit or debit card to pay your subscription with PayPal you will need to set up a PayPal Optional Account, the details of which can be found by clicking on the link at the bottom of the PayPal page. It is also possible to set up a recurring payment via PayPal to ensure continuing membership.
- By direct debit, if you hold a UK bank account, thus ensuring automatic renewal of your subscription. The form can be accessed via this link https://www.hgs-familyhistory.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/DD-Form.pdf
- A sterling cheque, drawn on a UK bank.
- In cash, in person, at the HGS Office.
- Through Genfair (www.genfair.co.uk). This method will incur a £0.50 administration charge.
Discord in Marriage
Interesting little snippets from some of the old newspapers include brief advertisements where husbands have declared that they will not be responsible for their wife’s debts. One item from James LINDSAY appeared in the Hampshire Chronicle printed on 4th September 1820. He said that he would not be answerable for any debts incurred by his […]
HGS on Radio Solent
On Friday 1st February, Radio Solent broadcasted their Sasha Twining Show from the Dolphin Shopping Centre in Poole. Along with two other experts, HGS Chairman and Ringwood Group member Paul Pinhorne, along with Pat and George Hilbert, also from the Ringwood Group were there to help people with their family history research. Many interesting questions […]
Winchfield village booklet now available
Winchfield, (VB101) is located midway between Farnborough and Basingstoke with the A30 forming part of the northern parish boundary. The B3016 crosses the parish from south to north. The Basingstoke Canal forms part of the southern border, the London to Southampton railway crosses the parish and recently the M3 follows the same route. There is […]
Old Alresford village booklet now available
Old Alresford, (VB100) is located midway between Alton and Winchester just north of New Alresford which is on the A31. Alresford Pond is a large lake created in the 12th Century at the head of the River Arle, a tributary of the River Itchen. Several water mills have existed along the river with the restored […]
Knowle War Memorial
Knowle Hospital was open in 1852 as the Hampshire County Lunatic Asylum. The asylum was renamed Knowle Mental Hospital in c.1923 and following the 1948 introduction of the National Health Service Act, became Knowle Hospital. At the beginning of the 20th century, Knowle Hospital was home to over 1000 patients and staff and was a self […]