Costs/How to Pay
Our subscription rate is £15 per year for single or joint membership, UK or Overseas. Membership is renewable annually on the anniversary of your date of joining. Joint membership covers up to two members living at the same address.
When you submit your application form you will be asked to select your preferred method of payment and full details will then be be supplied.
In brief, payment can be made in one of the following ways:
- Online using PayPal, credit or debit card. Please note that whilst you may use any credit or debit card to pay your subscription with PayPal you will need to set up a PayPal Optional Account, the details of which can be found by clicking on the link at the bottom of the PayPal page. It is also possible to set up a recurring payment via PayPal to ensure continuing membership.
- By direct debit, if you hold a UK bank account, thus ensuring automatic renewal of your subscription. The form can be accessed via this link https://www.hgs-familyhistory.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/DD-Form.pdf
- A sterling cheque, drawn on a UK bank.
- In cash, in person, at the HGS Office.
- Through Genfair (www.genfair.co.uk). This method will incur a £0.50 administration charge.
Latest Village Booklet – No 91 Cliddesden – is available now
Cliddesden (VB091) is a comprehensive study of the history of this rural Hampshire village and the parish of St Leonard. It is located two miles south of Basingstoke and west of the A339. The original parish had a detached part at Hatch which is now part of Basingstoke and north of the M3. The Basingstoke […]
Latest Village Booklet – No 90 Shalden – is available now
Village Booklet – No. 90 Shalden – available now. The latest in our range of village booklets is now available to purchase online through our shop or by post from the Sales Office. Shalden is a comprehensive study of the history of this rural Hampshire village and the parish of St Peter and St Paul. […]
The Hampshire Family Historian Volume 43 No.3 – March 2017
The latest Edition of the Hampshire Family Historian is now available for download in the Members’ . Articles include: Lost at Sea by Roy Montgomery, Knights of the Meon Valley by Jerry Sparkes andRoyalty in the Forest (Part II) by Richard Smith PLUS: Members Interests, Research Room, Around the Groups, Book Reviews and Your Letters
Odiham School Teacher
Teacher at a private school in Odiham around 1900 Ellen Valentine James HGS member Peter GODWIN’s Great Aunt was Ellen Valentine JAMES. She was the youngest of three sisters and was born on St. Valentine’s Day 14 February 1869 in Notting Hill. Her parents were Henry George JAMES who had married Ellen MOREY in the […]
Inquest verdict of Visitation of God
Term used in a coroner’s verdict to explain an unexplained death Hampshire inquests The Hampshire coroner’s records were all destroyed which means that no official records exist. The best remaining source is from local newspaper reports though not every inquest and verdict was reported. When reported the content varied from very brief to quite detailed. Examples of […]