Costs/How to Pay
Our subscription rate is £15 per year for single or joint membership, UK or Overseas. Membership is renewable annually on the anniversary of your date of joining. Joint membership covers up to two members living at the same address.
When you submit your application form you will be asked to select your preferred method of payment and full details will then be be supplied.
In brief, payment can be made in one of the following ways:
- Online using PayPal, credit or debit card. Please note that whilst you may use any credit or debit card to pay your subscription with PayPal you will need to set up a PayPal Optional Account, the details of which can be found by clicking on the link at the bottom of the PayPal page. It is also possible to set up a recurring payment via PayPal to ensure continuing membership.
- By direct debit, if you hold a UK bank account, thus ensuring automatic renewal of your subscription. The form can be accessed via this link https://www.hgs-familyhistory.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/DD-Form.pdf
- A sterling cheque, drawn on a UK bank.
- In cash, in person, at the HGS Office.
- Through Genfair (www.genfair.co.uk). This method will incur a £0.50 administration charge.
Inquest verdict of Visitation of God
Term used in a coroner’s verdict to explain an unexplained death Hampshire inquests The Hampshire coroner’s records were all destroyed which means that no official records exist. The best remaining source is from local newspaper reports though not every inquest and verdict was reported. When reported the content varied from very brief to quite detailed. Examples of […]
The Hampshire Family Historian
The latest Edition of the Hampshire Family Historian is now available in the Members’ Area for download. Articles include The Neaves of Fordingbridge; Families Reunion at Kings Somborne; Royalty in the Forest and Swanmore Friends Burial Ground. PLUS: Around the Groups, Book Reviews and Your Letters
A New Partnership for HGS
A NEW PARTNERSHIP FOR HGS HGS are delighted to announce a new partnership with well-known Genealogy company ‘The Genealogist’ (S& N). All the remaining data from our parish register transcripts for Hampshire, will now be online with The Genealogist (S & N) and FHS-online. FHS-online has been developed together with S & N to […]
New Membership Secretary
New Membership Secretary We are delighted to announce that we have a new Membership Secretary – Margaret Bowman. Margaret will be ably assisted by her husband John and can be contacted through the website or directly at email@example.com
Hampshire Centenarian. Born in Meonstoke in 1916 and shortly to celebrate her 100th birthday Edith Cavell SMITH Edith a twin was born on 17 November 1916 in Meonstoke and was baptized there in St Andrew’s church on 14 January 1917. Her twin brother was Lloyd George. They were named after the WWI nurse Edith […]