Your Data and Privacy is important to us
Please read and check the way your information will be used and ensure that you are aware of the uses of your information that will be retained and stored by the Hampshire Genealogical Society (HGS). Submission of personal data and use of this site will be deemed as acceptance of the policy:
- Personal information supplied on any form and provided by you during your membership, and any communication with the Society via this website, will be used to contact and communicate with you about your enquiry or your membership. It will also be used for administration of the Society membership records.
- HGS will not provide your personal information to third parties other than for your local HGS Group Organiser to receive your contact details and invite you to attend their Group. If you do not wish your contact details to be passed to the local Group Organiser please inform the Society in writing.*
- You may choose not to submit your personal details, opt out or change your preferences at any time by informing the Society in writing.*
Should you choose not to submit your personal details membership of the Society and purchase of goods will not be possible.
- You may request a copy of any personal information held by the Society and may lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
- Personal details of members are kept on a secure database maintained by The Membership Secretary, The Hampshire Genealogical Society, 52 Northern Road, Cosham, Portsmouth, Hants, PO6 3DP. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Membership data will be kept during the period of your membership of the Society and for three years after your membership has lapsed, been cancelled by you or your death.
* “Writing” includes letter and email sent to the Society
Wield MI Correction
As with all data that gets indexed or transcribed there is always the possibility that information can be misread due to bad handwriting or general aging. Whilst preparing information for the forthcoming village booklet on Wield I have found a prime example of this.
Our Amazing Volunteers
A big, big thank you to the Bookstall volunteers who made Family Tree Live such a success. We were kept very busy for both days of the event helping people in the search of their Hampshire ancestors. And of course welcoming our many new members. L-R Angela Winteridge, Margaret Bowman, Chris Pavey, Fiona Ranger, Geoff […]
We’re at Family Tree Live – are you?
Come and see us Friday 25th and Saturday 26th April at Family Tree Live at the Alexandra Palace, London. We are on Stands 37-38a where we will have a wide selection of HGS Publications, Maps, Genealogy Source Guides as well as Local History books and information for the whole of Hampshire.
New Winchester Group
UPDATE ON THE NEW WINCHESTER GROUP!!! The inaugural meeting of the new Winchester Group will take place at Littleton Memorial Hall on Thursday 16th May 2019. Door open at 7.15 for 7.30 start. And it’s a packed agenda for the first meeting!!! * Members of the Executive Committee will give an update on the […]
Empshott village booklet now available
Empshott, (VB102) is a small, sparsely populated parish 6 miles north of Petersfield and 2 miles south-east of Selborne with the B3006 running through the parish from Greatham north-west to Selborne.