Your Data and Privacy is important to us
Please read and check the way your information will be used and ensure that you are aware of the uses of your information that will be retained and stored by the Hampshire Genealogical Society (HGS). Submission of personal data and use of this site will be deemed as acceptance of the policy:
- Personal information supplied on any form and provided by you during your membership, and any communication with the Society via this website, will be used to contact and communicate with you about your enquiry or your membership. It will also be used for administration of the Society membership records.
- HGS will not provide your personal information to third parties other than for your local HGS Group Organiser to receive your contact details and invite you to attend their Group. If you do not wish your contact details to be passed to the local Group Organiser please inform the Society in writing.*
- You may choose not to submit your personal details, opt out or change your preferences at any time by informing the Society in writing.*
Should you choose not to submit your personal details membership of the Society and purchase of goods will not be possible.
- You may request a copy of any personal information held by the Society and may lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
- Personal details of members are kept on a secure database maintained by The Membership Secretary, The Hampshire Genealogical Society, 52 Northern Road, Cosham, Portsmouth, Hants, PO6 3DP. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Membership data will be kept during the period of your membership of the Society and for three years after your membership has lapsed, been cancelled by you or your death.
* “Writing” includes letter and email sent to the Society
New Winchester Group
UPDATE ON THE NEW WINCHESTER GROUP!!! The inaugural meeting of the new Winchester Group will take place at Littleton Memorial Hall on Thursday 16th May 2019. Door open at 7.15 for 7.30 start. And it’s a packed agenda for the first meeting!!! * Members of the Executive Committee will give an update on the […]
Empshott village booklet now available
Empshott, (VB102) is a small, sparsely populated parish 6 miles north of Petersfield and 2 miles south-east of Selborne with the B3006 running through the parish from Greatham north-west to Selborne.
Young Lovers in Alton
A brief paragraph in the 15th of February 1873 issue of the Hampshire Telegraph announced the death of Ellen FOWLER in Alton, the wife of George who was a millwright’s apprentice. On the face of it this was nothing unusual except that the report gave the ages of the couple; Ellen was only 15
Portsmouth Road Names
Portsmouth Road Names (Then and Now) Some of the streets of Portsmouth and Portsea mentioned in the old registers and census returns have had their names changed over the years. In the following table are a few of them which were originally shown in our Journal the Hampshire Family Historian of November 1985. Vol XII […]
Home Guard Names in the Hampshire Record Office
Home Guard Names in the Hampshire Record Office Did anyone in your family serve in the Home Guard during WWII? They may be included in the number of members in the Hampshire Home Guard who have been mentioned in the HRO catalogue and either appear in documents and photographs.