Your Data and Privacy is important to us
Please read and check the way your information will be used and ensure that you are aware of the uses of your information that will be retained and stored by the Hampshire Genealogical Society (HGS). Submission of personal data and use of this site will be deemed as acceptance of the policy:
- Personal information supplied on any form and provided by you during your membership, and any communication with the Society via this website, will be used to contact and communicate with you about your enquiry or your membership. It will also be used for administration of the Society membership records.
- HGS will not provide your personal information to third parties other than for your local HGS Group Organiser to receive your contact details and invite you to attend their Group. If you do not wish your contact details to be passed to the local Group Organiser please inform the Society in writing.*
- You may choose not to submit your personal details, opt out or change your preferences at any time by informing the Society in writing.*
Should you choose not to submit your personal details membership of the Society and purchase of goods will not be possible.
- You may request a copy of any personal information held by the Society and may lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
- Personal details of members are kept on a secure database maintained by The Membership Secretary, The Hampshire Genealogical Society, 52 Northern Road, Cosham, Portsmouth, Hants, PO6 3DP. Email: email@example.com.
- Membership data will be kept during the period of your membership of the Society and for three years after your membership has lapsed, been cancelled by you or your death.
* “Writing” includes letter and email sent to the Society
Inquest verdict of Visitation of God
Term used in a coroner’s verdict to explain an unexplained death Hampshire inquests The Hampshire coroner’s records were all destroyed which means that no official records exist. The best remaining source is from local newspaper reports though not every inquest and verdict was reported. When reported the content varied from very brief to quite detailed. Examples of […]
The Hampshire Family Historian
The latest Edition of the Hampshire Family Historian is now available in the Members’ Area for download. Articles include The Neaves of Fordingbridge; Families Reunion at Kings Somborne; Royalty in the Forest and Swanmore Friends Burial Ground. PLUS: Around the Groups, Book Reviews and Your Letters
A New Partnership for HGS
A NEW PARTNERSHIP FOR HGS HGS are delighted to announce a new partnership with well-known Genealogy company ‘The Genealogist’ (S& N). All the remaining data from our parish register transcripts for Hampshire, will now be online with The Genealogist (S & N) and FHS-online. FHS-online has been developed together with S & N to […]
New Membership Secretary
New Membership Secretary We are delighted to announce that we have a new Membership Secretary – Margaret Bowman. Margaret will be ably assisted by her husband John and can be contacted through the website or directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
Hampshire Centenarian. Born in Meonstoke in 1916 and shortly to celebrate her 100th birthday Edith Cavell SMITH Edith a twin was born on 17 November 1916 in Meonstoke and was baptized there in St Andrew’s church on 14 January 1917. Her twin brother was Lloyd George. They were named after the WWI nurse Edith […]